Saturday 27 August 2011

Our Patchwork Day.

Ok so now I shall tell you all about our fab day with Janet from Sleeping Bear. http://www.sleepingbearcrafts.com/ We were doing a stack and shuffle quilt from a layer cake which involved cutting it up and then moving all the bits about. We had to concentrate.....

...Burn whizzing up some squares. Concentrating was hard with all the lovely fabric around us! It was a bit like working in a sweetie shop!


Proof that I actually do have a face (and I sew!)
These are Burn's squares, with two more strips to go,

and this is me sewing on the third strip.



By the end of the day I had a pile of squares ready to lay out "in a pleasing manner" (Burn's fave phrase!) which I shall be doing today.


Please join me tomorrow for the next thrilling instalment!


Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Linda said...

oooooo! Wish I'd been there! Told you you'd love it!!!

Kathy said...

I have been enjoying strolling through your blog. Last year my husband and daughter said they wanted to make a quilt. I bought a sewing machine for them - I think I've used it more than they - I need to get them back on the ball! Great blog!
Kathy

Sid said...

Great stuff !!

Donna said...

Good to see Burn again!!!!Looks like so much fun you are having!!!!