Monday 31 January 2011

Inchies and Journal

You may remember that last month I did a set of 9 Inchies for a "Continents" swap on UKStampers. Now we are into month 2 and this time it is "The Americas". I knew I wanted the stars and stripes so I sat down with paint and away I went. BG is red paint brushed over with gesso. I have not used it for a while and when I opened it, it was mouldy! Still I scraped the mould off and used it. Then I stamped the stripes on with more paint and the edge of a ruler. Next I stamped over with a section of a New York collage stamp before adding the blue square and the gem stars. Lastly I inked the edges with black to provide a border.
Whilst I was waiting for the paint to dry I did this page too, which is Week 5 for my Art Journal. This week it was about "Perfect". We had to talk about our perfect day, include some stamping and a picture. Once again I painted and gessoed the BG and stamped on it with Distress inks. I added white paint and black pen to hi-light and doodled in felt pen in the spaces. I used some of my very precious hen embellies, as I get to keep this, and finished with a picture of a book I love and a glass of vino! This Art Journal malarky is very relaxing!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Linda said...

great inchies! Love the art journal page too!!

Sid said...

Both are fab !!