Saturday 28 August 2010

Potatoes!!!


Over on UKStampers Gail challenged us to do something with a potato. I don't mean eat; something arty! Well there were some very arty carvings done so I went a whole lot simpler and cut mine into a leaf shape, some flowers and some potato shapes.
I decided to use them for a page in my Art Journal to celebrate the potato! I did the background with pastels and used Sharpie pen for the stalk and added the stamped leaves and flowes.

The roots were a combination of gel pen and felt pen (pinched from the children) with the potao stamped randomly over.
The centre of the flower was a blob of acrylic paint added with a toothpick and it was finished with some "interesting facts" from Wikipedia about the potato. Who needs rubber stamps!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Sid said...

Your spud flowers look so realistic !! Great idea to journal the humble potato !!

Effie said...

What great pages!... love that is has facts about spuds!

Jo Capper-Sandon said...

Brilliant!! Love everything about this.

Sarah said...

that's brilliant!!!

I love it!

makes me want to go and play with potatoes :)