Friday 11 September 2009

Day 9

And wow! I am still keeping up! I decided to ignore the prompt for today because we had a beekeeper come to visit the class. Now I quite fancy keeping bees but sadly don't have the time or space. The gentleman who came had the most soothing gentle voice and I could have listened to him all day. Then there were the amazing things that we learnt about bees...
...so I decided to put them under the photos. Here is my favourite fact..when the bees are smoked by the keeper, they think their hive is on fire. So they quickly eat as much honey as possible in case they have to take flight. This makes them drowsy (much like us with a full tummy) and the full tummy also makes it difficult for the bee to bend round to sting!! Now tell me that isn't an amazing thing to have learnt!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Sid said...

Love your honeycomb design on this page Tasha !

Effie said...

I never knew that!

Tinkertaylor said...

That's amazing! Love the flaps on your page