Tuesday 27 October 2009

Apologies!

Sorry to those of you who pop in regularly! I was planning to post lots of lovely new stuff on here, what with it being half term and me having a lot more free time. But I have been struck down by the dreaded swine flu. Now those of you who know me, know what a cynic I am, and as always, I thought swine flu was just a souped up idea to justify all the training medical staff have been given over the last few years in preparation for a pandemic. Well let me tell you that I am utterly ashamed of my cynicism now....Those of you that have ever had flu, well think back and multiply it by about 20. There were times yesterday when I really thought I was going to have to be taken off in an ambulance and I began to lose the power of rational thought. Now in the cold light of another day (and several doses of tamiflu later) I know that it was just the high temperature making me think strange things!
Today I feel a lot better but so, so weak. All I can manage is making the odd cuppa and then I need to lie down on the sofa. So all my creative plans have had to go on hold.....

So I have had my come-uppance! From now on I will be sympathetic to people with swine flu.....but only if it's REALLY swine flu!

1 comment:

Linda said...

awww ((HUGS)) Tash, hope you feel better soon.