So the Prom dress continues. These shots show the bodice and then the skirt linings being joined to their silk outers. Then a large amount of hand sewing was required to join the two together at over 200 separate points to create the ruching. I think this makes it looser and larger rather than gathering which creates a smaller, tighter effect. Then the bodice was joined to the skirt and Katy had to try it on for fit....her boobs were toooooo small so a quick bit of adjustment was needed!!
Now all to do is sew the zip in and hem.....in 6 days!
I am a married mother of four who took up papercrafting about 4 years ago. I started with ATCs and Inchies and as I got braver I started to Scrapbook too! My current faves are stamping CJs (oooo just love 'em), scrapbooking and making mini books with the shedloads of photos I take!As you can imagine I have to fit it round the children and also numerous pets so blogging can be a bit hit and miss! Generally I blog better in school holidays when I am not at work as a TA. Thank you for popping by and I hope you like what you see here!