Saturday 9 June 2012

Diamond Jubilee.

We have just had a lovely long four day weekend to celebrate the Queen's Diamond Jubilee. I say lovely but the weather has ben shocking! Eliza made cupcakes... ...and we had a tea party at home. I made some red, white and blue napkins ..and I went to see Linda and Burnice for another tea party! And even in the pouring rain Oxford Street and Regent Street managed to look festive! All in all a great weekend to be British. The only sad thing were the shocking, but British, weather and also that Prince Philip missed most of the celebrations as he was in hospital. I wish him a speedy recovery so he can return to his duties at the Queen's side.

1 comment:

Burnice said...

Great time was had by us three! thanks for the napkin Tash. Very disappointed not one of us took a pic of the bunting that took me one complete sunday to make ! Never mind eh - there is always the olympics to have another tea party for.
Burn x