Monday 30 May 2011

Altered Sardine Tin


I decided that it's been a while.

Since I "altered" anything.

So UKStampers had a sardine tin swap and as I eat sardines for my lunch quite a bit I thought it might be fun! This really evolved; I covered and painted the tin and sat it on the BBQ for a few days to dry.....and it rained! All was ok though, so I brought it in and fiddled with beach treasures I have collected at various times! I added the dictionary definitions first and then stacked all my finds at the front and attached with Glossy Accents. There is coral, shells, seawashed glass and then some glitter to look like sand! Finally I added some finres to the left to look a bit sea-weedy. Oh yes and there were some shiva mirrors too (which are nothing to do with the seaside but looked nice!!)
I posted it off to my swap partner so I hope she likes it! Now I wonder what I will receive.....
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Lucy Edmondson said...

I love it! You will all be really healthy after eating all those fish oils!

Lucy x

Sid said...

Gorgeous 3 dimensional decorated tin !!

salamanda said...

Beautiful altered tin. Great idea for displaying beach finds.