Sunday 11 July 2010

The CJ continueth....

Look at that! Two entries in two days! You can tell I have no soap to wrap at the moment. Well here is the next CJ. Not my favourite stamp and I have to say I thought it was going to be a toughie. I came up with two ideas; "How do you solve a problem like Maria" and this one. I have never done much in the way of masking and this idea required extensive masking and lots of thinking about positions etc!

This is my second attempt. First of all I stamped the gun part onto the reverse of a post-it note and cut it out so that I could stick it on the stamp and ink it, then remove it to stamp, thereby eliminating the gun image. Then I gradually built up the images, masking as I went until I added the complete image in the middle and continued on to the top.
I then decided to pick out the odd nun by colouring her, using watercolour pencils on a scrap of paper and picking up the colour to apply with a damp brush. I find that easier than colouring and then wetting for detail. I gave her some eyeshadow and then added glossy accents to her nails! I actually quite like it now 'tis done and I really enjoyed the masking so I shall have to try that again some time.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Tinkertaylor said...

Well done you certainly have solved a problem. What an unusual image and I love the eyeshadow and painted nails.

Effie said...

I just had to come and see the nun!
Fantastic!

Angelnorth said...

Looks fabulous, love the "cosmetics" you've added! Masking has a magic about it, doesn't it? Love to mask!

Lesley Edmonds said...

Bit of a spooky image but your finished result is great.

Deborah said...

I think it looks great - very Warholesque.

Sarah said...

genius - this must have taken AGES!

I love masking too.

I loved this nun stamp, my favourite one of the whole circle I think