Saturday 12 March 2011

Nearly finished.

As well as finishing my knitted throw last week, I also finished the patchwork top of my Jelly Roll quilt. It is a huge 60"x70".
Now I need to do the wadding, backing, quilting and binding. After lengthy discussions with my quilting pro,s Linda and Burnice, I think I am going for a magenta batik for the back and binding and am just going to quilt in the ditches around the squares to start with.

That isn't going to happen for a while though as I need a length of time when I can spread it all out without people walking through on it! Probably have to wait until the Easter Hols but that will give me time to track down the fabric and save up!

7 comments:

Linda said...

and very nice it is irl too! Fabulous sewing tash!

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous

Sid said...

This is lloking fantastic !!

Ian and Karen said...

Well done Tasha, love the colour of quilt and the blanket looks fab. Will have to have a go. Thanks for popping over to my blog, enjoy your weekend.
Karen

salamanda said...

Lovely colours - cant wait to see it finished. My MIL quilts and she has made all the grandchildren quilts to their colour and design ideas so they range from gothic black to cute dogs.

gillygilly said...

The colours are brilliant

Burnice said...

It's even betterer in real life. Colour is gorgeous....
Burnice xx