Monday 5 September 2011

LSNED Day 4


Day 4 and we were supposed to be thinking about whether our lesson today needed to be a general comment or very specific. I spent most of the day baking cupcakes to take to school (for the staff) and also dictating recipes to Jess as she typed them up for her Uni Cookbook! I learnt that when I cook I tend to treat it as an art rather than an exact science. I add a "bit" rather than a tablespoon; I cook until it looks right, rather than for 20 mins. This is fine when I cook but less helpful when I am trying to impart my cooking knowledge! I felt this phrase just about summed it up!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Jane said...

the best way to cook I think.

salamanda said...

I cook erratically - depends on my mood but it is never exact and I agree it depends what it looks like, smells like...

Sid said...

Super cooking !

Alison said...

Yep..that's how I cook too..I hate when people ask for recipes!