So the next part was to lay out my squares in alternate darks and lights in a pleasing manner then stitch the rows together. Here I have done the top two rows already.
As I was cutting up all my squares I found I was chopping up hens and wheelbarrows with gay abandon! Then after the shuffling process and as I began to re-stitch them I discovered that this hen had joined itself up again, despite being on two completely different fabrics! Well, this square just had to be the central one didn't it?
And finally after a second day of stitching, I finished the top, complete with sashing. I had to concentrate hard to cut the border fabrics the correct way so the pattern all went round the right way!
And I was rather impressed with my beautifully lined up corners on my sashing, if I do say so myself! Not bad for a beginner!
Now I have to back and bind it. I bought some binding fabric but I don't like the colour so a re-think is needed...
I am a married mother of four who took up papercrafting about 4 years ago. I started with ATCs and Inchies and as I got braver I started to Scrapbook too! My current faves are stamping CJs (oooo just love 'em), scrapbooking and making mini books with the shedloads of photos I take!As you can imagine I have to fit it round the children and also numerous pets so blogging can be a bit hit and miss! Generally I blog better in school holidays when I am not at work as a TA. Thank you for popping by and I hope you like what you see here!