Sunday 14 August 2011

Inside my CJ.

My great idea for my page was to create a rock pool. I could see exactly how I wanted it to look but was rather less sure how to achieve it!


I started by using Distress Inks to colour my page and made some "rocks" from paper clay. When it dries it is super lightweight so once painted in "rocky" colours I fixed them on to make the general shape. Next I filled it with Glossy Accents...about half a bottle it took! I added all sorts of everthing seasidey that I had found in my stash. There are beads, glitter, teeny shells and some nasty plastic shapes that I covered with gesso to make them less nasty looking! Then I realised that I hadn't actually used my stamp! So I popped it into the pool too. Finally I had to lay it somewhere flat, weighted at the edges, to try and prevent it curling.


The opposite page I coloured to match, stamped and then ran through the printer (holding my breath all the time, cos I am always positive that it is going to print in the wrong place!) to get the quote in.


And to finish, a close up shot of the pool and its bits. Oh and I just remembered, I put sand design paper in the bottom of the pool! (Sorry about the shadow).

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Linda said...

That's fabulous!

salamanda said...

Love this - makes we want to be able to touch it.