Friday, 12 August 2011

Altered Tuna Tin

Do you remember that I recently did a swap with an altered sardine tin? Well after that we decided to alter a tuna tin! I am very late with this because I was waiting for inspiration and then once I'd had it I was waiting for clock parts! We have a clock repair shop nearby and my daughter wanted some bits for a textiles project. They said they would save her a few broken bits and pieces so when she collected them she let me have a rummage and take some cogs and hands. This is a poor photo but I put them on a spindle (so there are three layers including the hand) and then added the vintage lady between them. The flower I made after seeing it in this months CraftStamper magazine. The outside is covered with metal from a beer can that I heated in the gas flame (to turn it brown) and then embossed with the cuttlebug cogs and gears. Finally I used another cog as a base and posted her off to my swap partner!

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Donna said...

I love the clock parts, those are a treasure!!! It's very nice!!!

Sid said...

Great tin, still need to finish mine !! So you are not as late as me.

Salamanda's Scrappy Adventures said...

Love this - I did think about joining this swap but couldn't think how to go about it.