Sunday 19 February 2012

My next quilt.


At least it would have been if my maths was any good! I have had the rather luscious Dogwood Trail Jelly Roll hiding in my stash , waiting for me to use it! Now my eldest is at Uni daughter No 3 is going to move into her bedroom and I am using this as an excuse to re-decorate the room and make a new quilt! Luckily she like this fabric so I carefully worked out that for this particular design I would only need 22 strips. I sorted them into two groups, darks (green and blue) and lights (pale pink and white) and off I went with this continuous corner log cabin pattern. All would have been fine except I calculated my strips as being 5" long and in fact they are 10"! So I made 16 of the 35 squares needed before I worked out what I had done wrong. However, there really were no more blues or greens that I could get out of the roll so I will just have to buy a second one! Such a shame I will have to go internet shopping! The good news is there will be enough left over to make a second top from all the pinks! I wonder if Jasper would like a pink quilt.....
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

salamanda said...

Beautiful colours and I am sure the next quilt will be equally fab and stunning in pink.

Linda said...

oooo lovely, looking forward to seeing it irl!