Sunday 22 November 2009

On the4th Day of Christmas...

...Four Calling Birds! This template was from a pattern Sid sent me to make a 3D bird, (I think HE got it from Gail!!) but I thought it would look fine in 2D. I cut them out and then used a stamp and black Stazon to stamp on the plain green and red cotton.
The rest is pretty much as before; machine stitched legs and feet, felt beaks and hand stitched notes, adding matt black beads.
So my next challenge is 5 Gold Rings.....I think I have the seed of an idea but this will be a tricky one. I am also starting to think about Shimelle's Journal Your Christmas which starts on Dec 1st....
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Loulabelle said...

I love these sweet little birds. Great stamping on the cototn.

Lesley Edmonds said...

Ooooo I think this is my favourite so far!!!! LOVE IT!!!!!
Lesley x

LME said...

The birds look great :)

Linda said...

That's lovely Tash - this is going to be a fabulous project!

Lorraine said...

love the use of fabric here