Saturday 14 November 2009

On the 3rd Day of Christmas....

These are my Three French Hens! Or maybe they are just one three-headed hen! I am not quite sure! Still I assure you they are meant to be loosely based on a French breed called a Copper Maran (at least I think it is!).
Not very good photoes I am afraid but I was determined to blog as I haven't for so long! I just don't seem too have had two minutes to create ANYTHING, let alone blog it! Anyway back to my hens; They are made from scraps of black velvet (the sleeves off a ball gown from the charity shop), orange slub silk and red poly cotton with felt feet and corn! I added a sequin for the eye and stitched the beak.
Now I need to do 4 Calling Birds.....
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Sid said...

Like your fabric hens Tasha, lots of work to make these !!

Linda said...

absolutely gorgeous Tash!

Burnice said...

Cool Tash - I have left you a little something on my blog !
Burnice xbologici

Lesley Edmonds said...

Hi Tasha,

Your two turtle doves are glorious and the french hens quirky. The twelve days are going to lovely all together and would make a lovely fabric book!!!

Re glossy accents - It's my fav glue for sticking anything the slightest bit heavy or tricky and holds things in place in seconds. I go through tons of it!

Lesley x