Sunday 10 June 2012

The Prom Dress!

Jess is home from Uni now and her first job is to make Katy's prom dress. Prom is July 29th (I think) and Katy chose a vintage 1950s pattern that we found in a charity shop. Jess made a toille from curtain lining and last week we went and bought the fabric proper! We went to Borovicks in Berwick Street (London) which is where I got the fabric for my wedding dress. Needless to say it took Katy aaaages to choose which one she wanted! Finally we came away with a shot silk, lining etc. No doubt this will be a lengthy process so I shall show you the pics in stages. First shots are of choosing the fabric and cutting and stitching the lining...
 
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Linda said...

oooo! can't wait to see the finished dress!

Rachelxx said...

What a fun project! - look forward to following the progress :-)

Kath said...

oooh it will be lovely to see this developing. I made my Grand-daughter's prom dress....VERY daunting!!

Lucy said...

Gorgeous fabrics - and your girls are beautiful!

Lucy x