Saturday 19 May 2012

An Altered Thingumy-bob

We all have  lots of thingumy-bobs and doo-dahs that we save to alter don't we? That thing that you just know will be fab for altering so you pick it up and tuck it away with all the other bits that you save to alter "one day". Over at UKStampers (link on my sidebar!) we have just had an altered thingumy-bob swap to clear some of that stuff!
In my cupboard of bits I came across this wooden thingumy. We had these at Christmas for the Guides to decorate and hang on their trees but as I ordered and paid for the p&p I got to keep the spares. Needless to say I have done nothing with them!. So out it came for a sand and some gold paint
.....to be transformed into this fat-necked fairy/angel! Ooo I used lots of "bits"; her skirt is a massive scrapbooking flower from an unopened packet, her overskirt is from my sister's wedding favours, her sash is from a gift tag and the wings are leftover laminate from when I was cutting stencils for a school jubilee project. Had a bit of bother with the feet/legs. They were not going to attach to the body AND the boots so for a short while it was going to be one or the other but after the application of extra sticky glue and tape they finally stuck!
So she flew off to a new home where I hope Sid liked her!

1 comment:

Linda said...

She's lovely!
Didn't we have a lovely time today:), thanks for taking us to Uckfield for lunch