Saturday 28 January 2012

A Canvas for Granny


I think I mentioned that it is my Mum's 70th birthday next week. What do you get for someone who is 70? If they haven't got it by the time they are 70 then they don't need it do they!! I don't think I have ever made much for my Mum so I thought I would have a bash at a canvas for her. Started by covering it with some colours that go with her bedroom...

Then I went mad with more colour, gesso, circles punched from a book, stamping, stencilling and cosmic shimmers!


Finally I cut out some blue tits (and I think a coal tit) and added them along with some words.



I used my new modge podge to cover it all and stick it all well down! So there it goes, my first ever canvas. What did I learn? Don't paint modge podge over Distress Inks, they run!

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Tinkertaylor said...

What a beautiful, personal gift, made with love, your Mum will love it. I discovered that too about modge podge and distress inks lol

Effie said...

That's lovely... I'll remind you when you're 70 and wanting crafting stuffl...lol!

Deborah said...

It's wonderful. I am sure she will love it.

Kath said...

A lovely canvas. I am sure your Mum will love it.

salamanda said...

This is lovely and what with this and the card I think Granny is going to be a very happy lady.