Wednesday 10 October 2012

Art Journal CJ continues....

....and we are nearly there with it, despite a few sticky moments and delays. This CJ was "Nursery Rhymes" and belongs to my friend Helly who is a CJ virgin. I had a few ideas but as I know her quite well I decided to go with a blackbird pie!!
 I hand drew the pie and use a bit of a bird stamp I have to stamp the blackbird peeping out. The background is watercolour crayons washed over and then I hand wrote the first line of the rhyme...
Inside are my four and twenty blackbirds; a feat of multiple masking! All was coloured in with watercolour pencil or crayon before attaching the pie lid with a brad. It has turned out rather similiar to my Berkeley Square hasn't it?

2 comments:

Christine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christine said...

Tried to leave a post, but my spelling was all wrong, so had to delete it, sorry!

Here we go again:-

A very imaginative page! You must have a lot of patience, to do all that masking. I usually give up at 2 or 3 - hate cutting out masks with a vengeance!