Sunday 27 February 2011

Mini Quilt Month 2.


Ever since I discoverd these mini quilts of the month over at Purlbee , I have been waiting desperately for the second pattern. And then it came up, this time focussing on circles and applique. I had to rummage through Gilly's stash as my previous block was mainly plains and this called for pattens but using mine and a few of hers I managed it! What a very different technique; adding interfacing to the back and then hand stitching them all on. I think they will look better once I have backed and quilted them to give them a bit more life. Still they have whet my appetite to do more patchwork. I have a Jelly Roll burning a hole in it's bag as I type....

3 comments:

Sid said...

Looking good !!

Scrappy~Sarah said...

looking great :)

gillygilly said...

All I can say is where do you find the time?
The circles look brilliant, I have not even sorted my fabrics out yet!!!!!!